- Medical Marijuana Prescriptions in Minutes Using Telemedicine July 1, 2015Story and images by Forbes I'll begin this story with a disclaimer: I rarely smoke weed. Aside from the few times that I've tried it recreationally, marijuana has never really appealed to me as it does to the millions of Americans who light up for medical purposes or just for fun. Perhaps that's what makes my experience with Eaze, an on-demand
- Skype Alternatives, Part 2: Edward Snowden's Recommendations June 30, 2015Story and images by Juan S. Galt / The Cointelegraph Continuing the search for secure, cross-platform, end-to-end encrypted chat and VoIP communication software, this article is part 2 of a series on encrypted Skype alternatives. Skype, Microsoft's voice over IP (VoIP) software, has been shown to be insecure on various levels over the years. The Snowden
- Google's new $2000 Chromebox for Meetings pack supports larger spaces June 26, 2015Story and images by Tim Schiesser / TechSpot Early last year Google announced Chromebox for Meetings, a virtual meeting solution that provides companies with conferencing hardware, software and support. The collection of hardware is powered by an Asus Chromebox, and uses Google+ Hangouts and Google Apps to communicate with others remotely. Google has decided
- Lenovo's $129 Stick PC will do Videoconferencing June 24, 2015Story and images by Krystle Vermes / digital Trends Lenovo has officially entered the PC stick game with the announcement of the Ideacentre Stick 300 on June 23. The stick is designed to plug into any display to give it PC capabilities, such as Web browsing and video conferencing. Lenovo has specified that the Ideacentre Stick 300 will debut on retail shelve
- Online Meeting Service Join.me Expands To Video, Still No Download Required June 24, 2015Story and images by TechCrunch As anyone who has attended online meetings knows, traditional software with its clunky user interfaces and required software installations was in need of a change. That's why LogMeIn's online meeting service join.me has for some time now offered an advantage: you could quickly host or join online meetings for free, th
- Medical Marijuana Prescriptions in Minutes Using Telemedicine July 1, 2015
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.