- TPO News Pro Tip: Using Cloud VC for Team Presentations April 24, 2014Desktop recording isn't rocket science. Your PC or laptop probably already has software installed with your webcam which can make simple recordings. But what if you want to co-present with other team members? Many of today's cloud videoconferencing services offer recording. Simply start a normal video meeting, turn on the recording feature, and sta […]
- Videoconferencing with Swiss Quality and Precision April 21, 2014The VidyoWorks platform is supporting yet another partner, as Swisscom launches Vidia. There are a few interesting things about this announcement in particular, but it is also a great example of a larger Vidyo story. We spoke with Mark Summerson, Vidyo VP of EMEA Managed Services, to get the details. Swisscom Vidia Swisscom is the leading ICT provider in Swi […]
- Solution Snapshot: Magor Aerus April 18, 2014Magor's mission is, and has always been to inspire users to interact with video in new ways to create improved modes for productivity. Bringing this goal to life called for a different architectural approach that removes the limitations of traditional single-workflow video conferencing systems - one with the flexibility to adapt to different workflows a […]
- Huawei IMAX Presence Brings Smart Communication with Panoramic View April 17, 2014Huawei released a new telepresence environment called IMAX Presence with an ultra-wide panoramic display that stiches together ten 70-inch seamlessly spliced large screens. The room also appears to seat around 3-4 dozen participants. We have an email out to Huawei to get more details on the price, bandwidth requirements, but please feel free to send us any i […]
- Glass without the glasses: Google patents smart contact lens system with a CAMERA built in April 15, 2014Story and images by Mark Prigg / Mail Online Lens has camera built in Could be developed to help the blind see and give them guidance Could also give wearer 'supervision' with ability to zoom Could shrink Glass to fit on a pair on lenses Firm already developing lenses with screen and medical sensors built in Project developed in secretive Google X […]
- TPO News Pro Tip: Using Cloud VC for Team Presentations April 24, 2014
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.