- Panasonic Launches Two New Videoconferencing Endpoints April 24, 2015Communicate at the Speed of Light with Panasonic's Refreshed High Definition Visual Communications System Auckland, 24 April 2015 - Panasonic System Solutions Asia Pacific has introduced the latest additions to its High Definition Visual Communications (HDVC) System, a platform for multi-site, enterprise-grade video conferencing. The two new models, the
- How a spinning chair made virtual reality feel more real April 22, 2015Story and images by Jamie Rigg / Engadget When donning a VR headset, it's easy to be awestruck by whatever 3D world you find yourself in. It's a whole new medium that simply can't be replicated on a TV. Still, there are reasons the likes of Oculus and Sony aren't selling headsets to the masses just yet. While Samsung's Gear VR and ot
- MIT Prototype: NailO - A wearable thumbnail track pad April 20, 2015Story and images by Larry Hardesty / MIT News Researchers at the MIT Media Laboratory are developing a new wearable device that turns the user's thumbnail into a miniature wireless track pad. They envision that the technology could let users control wireless devices when their hands are full -- answering the phone while cooking, for instance. It could a
- A Video Camera that Powers Itself Using the Same Light that Delivered the Image April 19, 2015Self-powered camera. A video camera based on a self-powered image sensor can run indefinitely without an external power supply. Credit: Self-powered camera A video camera based on a self-powered image sensor can run indefinitely without an external power supply. Video produced by self-powered camera Columbia Engineering Professor invents a video camera that
- Holograms for Freedom: Thousands join virtual demo against new protest law in Spain April 16, 2015Protesters in Spain have come up with a novel way of taking on a new law that limits the rights of the public to take part in demonstrations. There was a large turnout, but nobody even came close to being arrested - because no one actually attended the protest. A number of holograms were projected outside Spanish parliament building, showing people across th
- Panasonic Launches Two New Videoconferencing Endpoints April 24, 2015
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.