- Zoom video conferencing service raises $100 million from Sequoia on billion-dollar valuation January 17, 2017Story and images by TechCrunch Zoom, the cloud video conferencing service, announced a $100 million Series D round, entirely funded by Sequoia. The company now boasts a $1 billion valuation, putting it in the vaunted unicorn club. It also announced a significant update to the product that includes the ability for customers and third parties […]
- Australian entrepreneur unveils 'brain-controlled' telepresence robot January 13, 2017Aubot founder Marita Cheng: Users say that the experience is 100 per cent better than they expected Story and images by CIO Teleport uses mind control interface to track the focus of a user's brain A $200 off-the-shelf brain control interface is being used to power an Australian-developed telepresence robot that allows people with limited […]
- WR Predictions for 2017 January 10, 2017Story and images by Alan D. Greenberg WR's annual predictions are brought to you with the same confidence level as last year's. Our acceptable margins for error are now about the same as those for the pollsters who got the U.S. election and Brexit predictions wrong. Steve Vonder Haar - Streaming and Webcasting The influx […]
- Relive Your Best Memories in AR/VR With Owlii's Volumetric 3D Telepresence January 9, 2017Story and images by UploadVR Have you ever been in the middle of an experience and thought "I wish I could preserve this moment forever?" Currently what you'll do is pull out your phone and snap a few pictures for the various snaps and grams available to you online. But what if you could bottle […]
- Suitable Technologies Unveils an Upgraded version of their Beam Telepresence Robot January 6, 2017New Beam® package features two dual-band Wi-Fi radios, 8 hours of battery life and improved administrative control options LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Suitable Technologies, Inc., creator of Beam and BeamProTM remote presence systems popular with many Fortune 500 companies, announced an upgraded Beam -- a more powerful version of the entry-level Beam device. With two dual-band Wi-Fi […]
- Zoom video conferencing service raises $100 million from Sequoia on billion-dollar valuation January 17, 2017
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.