- Amazon launches Echo Look, a $199 camera that watches you dress April 27, 2017Story and images by Fox Business Amazon.com Inc., seeking a bigger slice of the clothing market, is casting itself as a style adviser. The Seattle-based online retailer on Wednesday introduced the Echo Look, a new version of its artificial-intelligence powered speakers that includes a camera. The company said the $200 device, which is only available […]
- The new Suitable technologies BeamPro PTZ+L telepresence robot for the healthcare industry has a laser April 20, 2017BeamPro PTZ+L combines safe mobility without boundaries and superzoom-supported videoconferencing solutions to bring together professionals, patients and their families ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Suitable Technologies®, Inc., creator of the Beam® and BeamProTM presence systems that are used by more than 40% of the Fortune 50 companies, today introduced two new models to the BeamPro family: the BeamPro […]
- Building a Telepresence App with HoloLens and Kinect April 20, 2017Story and images by Windows Apps Team When does the history of mixed reality start? There are lots of suggestions, but 1977 always shows up as a significant year. That's the year millions of children - many of whom would one day become the captains of Silicon Valley - first experienced something they wouldn't be […]
- Facebook Spaces lets you and your friends hang out in VR April 19, 2017Story and images by TechRadar The future of social VR ... well, according to Facebook Facebook's goal has always been to bring you closer to your friends, whether that's through products like Messenger or simply by your ever-updating news feed. Now, Facebook is taking that goal of connection one step further by introducing Facebook Spaces […]
- Titanic Shift Underway for Video Conferencing Cameras April 14, 2017The Array DX Camera and Image Processor enable life-size, immersive telepresence using any vtc codec. Top: Array's dual-screen immersive image Bottom: Same scene through traditional vtc camera Story by Andrew W. Davis / Wainhouse Research Last week's session at Enterprise Connect dubbed "Telepresence on an SMB Budget," together with some of the devices on the […]
- Amazon launches Echo Look, a $199 camera that watches you dress April 27, 2017
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.