- Apple Acquires Patent For Data Sharing and Collaborating Over Projects February 27, 2015Story and Images by Ronak Totla / iPhoneHelp Apple has always been busy honing its sword to be the best in the industry. It follows every trend in the market and pensively work to set those trends in the first place. Patents like Gaze control or Joystick enabled smartphones are all spark a new tech in the market. And catching up with the trend of VR (virtual
- Grasp telepresence robot puts a remote teacher on your shoulder February 25, 2015Story and images by Colin Jeffrey / Gizmag The familiar cartoon meme where an angel sits on someone's shoulder and a devil on another, both giving advice in the person's ear is one we all know. But what if you were able to have a real adviser sitting on your shoulder while learning a new task that not only offered advice but oversaw and guided your
- Venture Capitalists Stop, Collaborate And Listen To Teamwork Tech February 24, 2015Story and images by Christine Magee / TechCrunch While we struggle to set up a group Skype chat and create Google Sheets to organize our list of Google Docs, a new generation of venture-backed startups are building new tools to change the way we collaborate. Investors are more excited about teamwork tech than ever. According to CrunchBase data, collaboration
- Why Social Virtual Reality is Worth Celebrating February 23, 2015Story and images by Road to VR When I opened my eyes I suddenly found myself in an art gallery that had been transformed into a full-blown party with thumping music, bright red helium balloons pulling at the furniture, and a menagerie of life forms, humanoid and fantastical, chatting and flitting about. I spotted the champagne table and meandered towards it
- A Pixar-Inspired Projector That Beams VR Into an Entire Room February 19, 2015Story and images by Joseph Flaherty / Wired Virtual reality can make you feel like you're high atop the Wall in Westeros, flying like a bird, or running from an alien intent on killing you, but to everyone else, you look like a spaz flailing about in high-tech ski googles. This makes demonstrating a head-mounted display like the Oculus Rift difficult in
- Apple Acquires Patent For Data Sharing and Collaborating Over Projects February 27, 2015
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.