- Meet Surface Hub: Microsoft's fresh take on videoconferencing January 22, 2015Story and images by Nick Statt / CNET Two years after acquiring touchscreen maker Perceptive Pixel, Microsoft has an 84-inch display it hopes will transform workplace productivity and teleconferencing. LAS VEGAS -- Nestled between two false walls in a lavish suite at the Venetian hotel and casino is what I think is an enormous television. Here, during the ch
- Microsoft's new 3D glasses, explained January 22, 2015Story and images by Vox When Marty McFly traveled forward in time to 2015 in the 1989 film Back to the Future II, one of the technological marvels he found in the future was 3D glasses. In the movie, they were manufactured by JVC, but Microsoft hopes to make them a reality here in the real world. Microsoft's new product, called HoloLens, will allow peop
- Kim Dotcom launches end-to-end encrypted voice chat 'Skype killer' January 22, 2015Story and images by The Guardian New MegaChat promises secure, encrypted and 'private' video chatting through a browser Kim Dotcom's encrypted file sharing service has added free end-to-end encrypted voice and video chat through the browser. MegaChat, which promises to keep video chats secure and private, has been developed by the Mega "C
- Centaur-shaped telepresence robot controlled by full-body telepresence suit funded for Fukushima-type disaster scenarios January 20, 2015Grant Agreement This project will receive funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 Programme under Grant Agreement 644839, following call ICT-23-2014 Robotics. Project Partners Rheinische Friedrichs-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, Germany (coordinator), Autonomous Intelligent Systems Group Italian Institute of Technology (IIT), Italy Scuola Superiore S
- Touch and Go January 16, 2015Story and images by Steve Wilson https://www.scribd.com/doc/252827690/We-Inspire-Company-Overview TouchPico: the world's first interactive portable Android whiteboard In another step closer to achieving our collective Minority Report dream of slapping around holograms in the air, the TouchPico has arrived (technically, next month, that is). This $599 li
- Meet Surface Hub: Microsoft's fresh take on videoconferencing January 22, 2015
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.