- Glass without the glasses: Google patents smart contact lens system with a CAMERA built in April 15, 2014Story and images by Mark Prigg / Mail Online Lens has camera built in Could be developed to help the blind see and give them guidance Could also give wearer 'supervision' with ability to zoom Could shrink Glass to fit on a pair on lenses Firm already developing lenses with screen and medical sensors built in Project developed in secretive Google X […]
- The Telepresence Options Telegraph: April 2014 - Issue #48 April 14, 2014TPO Telegraph: April 2014 The deadline to be included in our 2014 TPO Catalog is April 23! . Quick TPO Links: Magazine Catalog Comparison Charts Original Content Telegraph Archives Sponsor Info Please be sure to stop by TPONews.com for the best coverage of the visual collaboration industry. Follow Us: April 10, 2014 Issue #48 Hello TPONews Readers, Please cl […]
- Behind the Scenes at AVI-SPL (The Goliath With The David Attitude) April 10, 2014Last week AVI-SPL, the world's leading video communications provider, had their annual global sales meeting at the Saddlebrook Resort in Tampa Florida. TPO News was lucky enough to be invited to the event, where we met with a number of AVI-SPL vendor partners, and saw the latest and greatest technology being shared with the AVI-SPL sales team. We also g […]
- Interop Expo Las Vegas: Emerging Video Technologies (Session Overview / Review) April 8, 2014Dimension Data presented at Interop Las Vegas last Friday on Emerging Video Technologies. Dimension Data's team was asked to cover this topic as their firm has extensive experience with all of the manufacturers in the space, enabling them to take a more unbiased approach than any single manufacturer would have. The session's agenda covered the foll […]
- LiftEye replaces elevator walls with synced 3D view of world outside April 7, 2014What if instead of staring at the walls as we rode up and down, we could look at the view from outside? Story and images by Sydney Brownstone / Co.Exist Unless someone comes up with a better way for groups of people to move vertically within tall buildings (pneumatic tubes, anyone?), elevators are here to stay in our rapidly urbanizing world. This alone is a […]
- Glass without the glasses: Google patents smart contact lens system with a CAMERA built in April 15, 2014
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.