- The Haptic Tech That Could Let You Touch The Person You're Skyping With November 24, 2015Story and images by Alissa Walker / Gizmodo I was skeptical. Two cubes sat side-by-side, looking like stripped-down 3D printers. I sat in front of one as instructed, and reached my hand inside, toward a floating disembodied finger. Just at the moment I knew I'd stab through the illusion, I had the ultimate "E.T. phone […]
- Cisco to buy collaboration company Acano for $700 million November 20, 2015Story and images by MarketWatch London-based Acano makes technology that connects video systems Cisco Systems Inc. said Friday it agreed to buy privately held conferencing software company Acano Ltd. for $700 million, a move by the network giant to grow its collaboration business. The cash deal is expected to be completed in Cisco's quarter ending […]
- Yealink Announces New Videoconferencing Endpoint, Video Phone, and Desktop Client November 18, 2015Xiamen, China - November 16, 2015 - Yealink, the global leading unified communication (UC) terminal solution provider, introduced today three new additions to its one-stop video conferencing solutions: the VC110 All-in-One Videoconferencing Endpoint, the SIP VP-T49G HD Touch Screen Video Phone and its VC Desktop software. With these new releases, Yealink's one-stop video conferencing solution […]
- Fuze acquired by ThinkingPhones, bolstering collaborative options for businesses November 17, 2015Steve Kokinos, co-founder and CEO of ThinkingPhones Story and images by Silicon Valley Business Journals Video conferencing startup Fuze sold to ThinkingPhones on Monday for an undisclosed sum. Prior to the acquisition, San Francisco-based Fuze raised $68.5 million over four rounds from investors such as Khosla Ventures, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures and Hermes Growth […]
- The past and future of the videoconference room, Part 2: The Room November 11, 2015Story and images by David J. Danto / Network World Getting to the right answer when picking collaboration systems is never just about the technology. The first step is understanding your use case and environment. Mobility - Portable This is most easily identified as the version of mobility without a desk. You may be at […]
- The Haptic Tech That Could Let You Touch The Person You're Skyping With November 24, 2015
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.