- AI-Powered Body Cams Give Cops The Power To Google Everything They See February 17, 2017Story and images by Vocativ Taser has started its own in-house AI unit, laying the groundwork for police body cameras that record fully-searchable video evidence The police body camera industry is the latest to jump on the artificial intelligence bandwagon, bringing new powers and privacy concerns to a controversial technology bolstered by the need to […]
- Microsoft Spectator View Lets You Experience HoloLens Without Wearing It February 14, 2017Story and images by Yahoo Tech Just how do you show someone who is not wearing Microsoft HoloLens what a user sees when they're immersed in the world of mixed reality? If you build applications for Microsoft's headset, up until now, you've had a difficult challenge. As of today, Microsoft has a solution called "Spectator […]
- 8i Raises $27 Million to Create Holo: Holograms for Your Phone February 14, 2017Story and images by UploadVR Holographic technology company 8i is announcing today that it has raised a $27 million series B round of fundraising for the development of new products including its new smartphone hologram program: Holo. Holo's tagline encourages users to: mix your world with holograms. According to 8i, Holo is a: "Consumer mobile […]
- Haptic gloves bring long-distance couples a touch closer February 14, 2017Story and images by New Atlas Social media lets us keep in contact with way more people than ever before, but our interaction with most of our Facebook friends is probably limited to the odd "Like" now and then, and a generic happy birthday message once a year. It's easier than ever for long-distance couples […]
- Logitech Announces BRIO - World's First 4K Webcam February 6, 2017Booth number: 11-D111 Logitech's head of Video Collaboration, Scott Wharton, will be at ISE to announce Logitech's newest webcam. The most advanced of its type in the market and packed with industry firsts, the new device will deliver the highest quality video experience available, making it an ideal solution for scenarios where high picture quality […]
- AI-Powered Body Cams Give Cops The Power To Google Everything They See February 17, 2017
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.