- Dell Venue 8 7000: a slim tablet with a 3D camera and videoconferencing privacy feature September 13, 2014Story and images by PC Pro The Dell Venue 8 7000 series will be the first tablet to arrive with Intel's RealSense snapshot technology - a multicamera system that creates 3D images. The RealSense system is similar in some ways to the HTC One M8, which uses multiple cameras, but also includes a tiny, specialised chip alongside infrared and standard camera
- Polycom launches Video as a Service (VaaS) in UK & Europe with distributor Imago September 10, 2014Story and images by Channel Pro UK first country in EMEA to launch Polycom VaaS Following a successful pilot programme in the US, Polycom will bring Video as a Service (VaaS) to the UK in partnership with distributor Imago Group. Imago will be the first to market with the Polycom Powered subscription-based cloud video service RealPresence Cloud Video Meeting
- 'Anti-router' stops drones, cameras, and Google Glass from connecting to Wi-Fi networks September 8, 2014Story and images by Dante D'Orazio / The Verge Are you paranoid that strangers are using drones, security cameras, hidden microphones, or even Google Glass to spy on you? If so, you might be interested in a little device called Cyborg Unplug. Just stick it into a power outlet and watch as it sounds an alarm whenever such a surveillance device enters the
- Samsung Introduces VR Headset powered by Facebook's Oculus Rift September 6, 2014Story and images by Oculus VR We're excited to announce the Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition, a new mobile virtual reality headset using the Galaxy Note 4, created by Samsung and powered by Oculus. Over the last 12 months, we've been collaborating with Samsung on the future of mobile virtual reality. The project actually began as an experiment to
- WebRTC-Reality Check 2014 September 4, 2014What a difference a year makes. And sometimes not. Both apply to WebRTC, which, even as it builds market share, still lacks the reliability and support from Internet Explorer that many enterprises require. Net Applications says Internet Explorer has a 58 percent market share on desktops using any OS. They put Chrome at nearly 17 percent of the global browser
- Dell Venue 8 7000: a slim tablet with a 3D camera and videoconferencing privacy feature September 13, 2014
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.