- Cisco's Rowan Trollope, Jonathan Rosenberg, And Jens Meggers on Cisco's 2016 Collaboration Vision July 18, 2016Last week Cisco Live! in Las Vegas brought together Cisco customers, partners, developers, and engineers for the latest in Cisco's portfolio and a sneak peak of things to come. On the collaboration front Cisco's Rowan Trollope, an SVP and GM of IoT and Applications, Jonathan Rosenberg, CTO of the Collaboration Group, and Jens Meggers, and […]
- Microsoft Research's Fusion4D project can enable high fidelity immersive telepresence July 18, 2016Story and images by MSPoweruser Microsoft Research recently revealed details about its latest project called Fusion4D which is a new pipeline for live multi-view performance capture, generating temporally coherent high-quality reconstructions in real-time. Their algorithm supports both incremental reconstruction, improving the surface estimation over time, as well as parameterizing the nonrigid scene motion. Our approach […]
- Cisco CEO Chuck Robbins' Cisco Live 2016 Keynote Highlights July 12, 2016Story and images by Phil Goldstein / BiZTech During a keynote presentation at Cisco Live, Cisco Systems CEO Chuck Robbins spoke about aligning business needs with technology, the need to be agile and the importance of security. Cisco Systems is going to let companies bring their network security policies for numerous devices and locations into […]
- Polycom Ends Deal With Mitel, Agrees to Be Bought by Siris Capital July 9, 2016Story and images by Austen Hufford / WSJ Purchase by private-equity firm expected to close in the third quarter, pending approval Polycom Inc. agreed to be acquired by private-equity firm Siris Capital Group LLC and ended its previously announced deal with Canadian telecommunications company Mitel Networks Corp. The two firms said Siris Capital is paying […]
- French company makes its own Surface Table using Windows 10 July 6, 2016Story and images by Micah Singleton / The Verge Remember the Surface Table? The coffee-table sized tablet that was supposed to become a staple in every corporate office until tablet-sized tablets became a thing? Well the French company Kineti is back with the same idea, albeit at a slightly cheaper price. The La Table Kineti […]
- Cisco's Rowan Trollope, Jonathan Rosenberg, And Jens Meggers on Cisco's 2016 Collaboration Vision July 18, 2016
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.