- Take Control of Video Conferencing with Motrr & Rango October 23, 2014Turn your iOS Device into a 360 degree video conferencing center and share your view of the world with friends, family and colleagues Santa Cruz, Calif. - October 22, 2014 - Motrr, bringing high design robotics to everyday life, and Rango have partnered to launch a fully interactive video calling experience you can't find anywhere else. Rango is an app
- Panasonic's On4Today Brings Telehealth to Assisted Living Facilities October 21, 2014Story and images by Health TechZone The market for telehealth solutions is growing rapidly as technologies and networks improve. Users across the globe - from patients to healthcare providers - are looking for an efficient, cost effective way to make use of health services. A recent report from BCC Research predicts the market will grow to $43.4 billion by 2
- Google/Magic Leap's 3D "Cinematic Reality" to replace VR, AR? October 15, 2014Story and images by Liz Gannes and Peter Kafka / RE/CODE Google and other investors are planning a huge investment in Magic Leap, a secretive but boastful company building hardware and software it says will deliver "cinematic reality." Sources say Google is leading what could be a $500 million funding round for the Florida-based company; Andreessen
- San Francisco Drone Maker Unveils Smartphone-Controlled Drone That Folds Up Into Pocket Size October 14, 2014Story and images by Carlos E. Castañeda / CBS SanFrancisco SAN FRANCISCO (CBS SF) -- A San Francisco-based drone maker has unveiled a device it calls a drone for the masses that can shoot video and fold up into the size and shape of a cellphone. The AeriCam Anura is a pocket-sized drone with fold-away rotors that can be controlled and monitored over WiFi wit
- Highfive: A videoconferencing startup hopes to make conference calls feel less like the ninth circle of hell October 9, 2014Story and images by Ben Popper / The Verge A dedicated meeting device from two veterans of Google's enterprise division Today, the odds are better than ever that the team you work with is composed of people from around the country or even the world. To get together for collaboration and conversation, we arrange conference calls. Unfortunately, conferenc
- Take Control of Video Conferencing with Motrr & Rango October 23, 2014
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.