- Luna Personal Robot Launches For $999 December 15, 2014Story and images by Julian Horsey / Geeky Gadgets If you are in the market for an affordable personal robot you might be interested in Luna, a first human size personal robot designed for everyday practical use. Luna includes a wealth of features that can be enhanced using applications and even has a personality, check out the video below created by Fred Nik
- Teliris is now Dimension Data. December 11, 2014As we announced May, Teliris is now Dimension Data. Dimension Data, one of the largest systems integrators in the world, has been a global leader in the provision and management of specialist IT infrastructure solutions and services for the last three decades. Please click here to view the Dimension Data Company Profile. Our detailed Company Profiles feature
- A Tight Fit - Blue Jeans Network's Primetime Enables Interactive Events for Thousands December 10, 2014Story and images by Steve Wilson Blue Jeans Primetime compliments its offerings with Primetime, connecting thousands of participants through large-scale broadcasting and video collaboration A movie that flopped at the box office inspired a potentially blockbuster idea for Blue Jeans Network, the cloud-based video collaboration service. When Monuments Men cam
- Start-up wants to remote control humans December 5, 2014Story and images by Caitlin Dewey / Stuff.co.nz At first glance - and even second or third or fourth - Omnipresenz sounds like it belongs in a sci-fi movie, not on a crowdfunding site. The Spanish start-up, quickly dubbed "The Sims for real life" by many a skeptical media outlet, claims to be working toward a world in which experiencing life in Bar
- VR and Telepresence Researcher Professor Henry Fuchs grades the VR Industry December 4, 2014UNC Chapel Hill Professor Henry Fuchs runs one of the few university programs focused on telepresence and virtual reality. In this talk to the Samsung Developer Conference Professor Fuchs gives a background on where VR was, where it is now, and the "Big Rocks" that the industry needs to move to create compelling virtualizations. Here is the complet
- Luna Personal Robot Launches For $999 December 15, 2014
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.