- Imago ScanSource to distribute Array Telepresence in Europe May 21, 2015Story and images by AV Magazine Array's image processor is designed to upgrade video conferencing endpoints to immersive telepresence at a fraction of the costs usually associated with high-end systems, and makes use of customers' existing vcon platforms and furniture. Equal-i technology combines image improvement algorithms with an image processor
- Video Conferencing Company Fuze Buys LiveMinutes, Raises $20M To Expand Into Team Collaboration May 21, 2015Story and images by TechCrunch San Francisco-based video conferencing company Fuze is expanding its platform today with the acquisition of an online team collaboration platform, LiveMinutes. With the addition, Fuze is no longer focused only on online meetings, but is now also rolling out a new product called Fuze Spaces which allows colleagues to chat, share
- Oculus Rift Hack Transfers Your Facial Expressions onto Your Avatar May 20, 2015Story and images by Tom Simonite / MIT Technology Review Facebook teams with researchers to transfer your smiles and frowns into virtual reality. Virtual reality is set to get a vital dash of social reality. Researchers at the University of Southern California and Facebook's Oculus division have demonstrated a way to track the facial expressions of some
- New Sex Toys Sync Up to Virtual Reality Porn May 20, 2015Story and images by Tim Moyniham / Wired YOU KNEW THIS was coming, even if you didn't want to believe it: A sex-toy company and a VR porn outfit are creating a way to enjoy synced-up virtual reality sex. And while virtual-reality headsets haven't yet hit the mainstream, Lovense and VirtualRealPorn hope their collaborative stroke of genius can thrus
- 7 Questions for Oblong's John Underkoffler, the guy who designed Minority Report's Futuristic UIs May 18, 2015Story and images by Co. Design John Underkoffler Believes "Designing And Deploying Radically More Capable UIS Is One Of The Most Important Things We Can Do Today." Even if you don't know the name "John Underkoffler," you surely know his work. His gesture-based interface for Minority Report influenced the 13 years of of user interface
- Imago ScanSource to distribute Array Telepresence in Europe May 21, 2015
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.