- Harvard's New Digital Classroom September 3, 2015Top: Harvard Digital Classroom Bottom: The Control Room Story by Collin Binkly AAP THE newest classroom at Harvard University's business school has no desks or chairs. Instead, the professor teaches facing a towering digital screen that stretches from wall to wall, filled with the live video feeds of up to 60 students tuned in from their computers. IN t
- Cisco and Apple Team for Improving Collaboration on Mobile Devices & Sales Partnership September 1, 2015Story By Bloomberg's Peter Burrows Apple Inc. is teaming up with Cisco Systems Inc. to make its mobile devices work better with corporate networks using Cisco's equipment, part of a push by Apple to expand sales to business customers. The partnership, announced on Monday by Cisco Executive Chairman John Chambers and Apple Chief Executive Officer Ti
- Wey Intelligent Keyboard Integrates Videoconferencing, Control Panel, and Videowall Control Into Touch Panel on Keyboard September 1, 2015ROTKREUZ, Switzerland--(BUSINESS WIRE)--WEY Technology announces the launch of the "WEY Smart Touch" keyboard. The WEY Smart Touch significantly simplifies processes in all multi-screen workplaces where users need to switch between different systems. The intelligent keyboard boasts a broad range of surprising features. The multifunctional keyboard,
- Redboot Launches Desktop Collaboration and Conferencing App August 25, 2015Story and images by VentureBeat Redbooth, a company that sells software with task management, videoconferencing, and messaging features, is announcing today that it has built a new native desktop client for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Until now people were only able to use Redbooth in a web browser, or on iOS and Android. Redbooth is beginning a four-week beta
- Array Telepresence DX Camera vs. Cisco and Polycom's Voice Tracking Camera Technology August 20, 2015Story and images by Array Telepresence At a cursory glance one might think that the Array DX Camera module and Image Processor are competitive offerings with Cisco's SpeakerTrack 60 and Polycom's Eagle Eye Director which attempt to solve the problem of the farthest participants from the camera having tiny, indecipherable features and poor human fac
- Harvard's New Digital Classroom September 3, 2015
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.