- Cisco launches new telepresence system, Project Squared mobile app November 18, 2014Story and images by Larry Dignan / ZDNet Summary: Cisco is busy retooling its collaboration portfolio with a telepresence system that uses less bandwidth and power and Project Squared, a mobile app that offers video conferencing, document sharing and other tools. Cisco on Monday launched a new three-screen telepresence system designed to cut costs on bandwid
- Blackberry announces cross-platform voice and HD video conferencing app BBM Meetings November 14, 2014Story and images by Himanshu Arora / TechSpot Blackberry has announced a new cross platform voice and video teleconferencing app that the company claims allows on-the-go professionals to schedule, host, and participate in meetings easily. Dubbed BBM Meetings, the app is currently available on Android, BB10, Windows PC, and Mac, although the company says an i
- The future of office video conferencing: Microsoft Lync to be combined with Skype November 13, 2014Story and images by Andrew Sadauskas / Smart Company Microsoft is preparing to combine its business-focused Lync video conferencing and instant messaging app with Skype to create a new package called Skype for Business. The package, set to be released in the first half of 2015, will see the creation of a new Skype-like client app, an upgrade of the Lync serv
- Virtual Reality Aims for the Mobile Phone November 12, 2014Story and images by Simon Parkin / MIT Technology Review A smartphone-based virtual reality headset from Samsung and Oculus VR, could make the technology more accessible, but it also demonstrates a new set of challenges. Max Cohen, head of mobile at Oculus VR, the virtual reality startup bought by Facebook this year for $2 billion, is unequivocal: the domina
- New Amazon Device Uses Voice Recognition to Track Users in Their Homes November 10, 2014"It's always on... voice recognition hears you from across the room" Story and images by PatriotRising Amazon unveiled its new digital assistant the "Echo" this week, a cloud-connected device that is "always on." Controlled by a user's voice, Amazon boasts the device's ability to answer questions, provide weather
- Cisco launches new telepresence system, Project Squared mobile app November 18, 2014
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.