- CEDIA's 2016 Award Winners - The Best Home Theaters and Media Rooms in the World September 21, 2016Story and images by CEDIA Congratulations to the following winners, recognized at CEDIA 2016 for their exceptional home technology installations. Global Winners Best Integrated Home Look & ListenQueensland, Australia Best Home Theater Zene Private TheaterBeijing, China Best Media Room Audio Images Tustin, CA, USA CEDIA Americas Winners Best Home Theater Level I - $200,000 & […]
- Full-body touch sensations in VR will likely need special suits like Skinterface September 19, 2016Story and iamges by Digital Trends Now that consumers have general access to high-quality VR content by way of the Oculus Rift and the HTC Vive, eye-tracking technology seems to be the next step in the evolution of VR. But what about touch input, as in feeling the virtual wind against your skin or how […]
- Wainhouse Research - News in Brief - September 16th September 17, 2016Big UC Avaya recently announced the latest version of its UC solution for small and midsize businesses. Avaya IP Office release 10 adds a number of benefits for businesses in terms of security, resiliency, and end user experience, as well as for the channel partners who serve them. Now, built-in signaling and media encryption for […]
- InFocus' MondoPad Ultra exposes weaknesses in Microsoft's Surface Hub September 13, 2016Story and images by CIO The 70-inch MondoPad Ultra has a faster processor and more storage than Surface Hub Competition is good, and InFocus' huge MondoPad Ultra all-in-one PC highlights some shortcomings in Microsoft's Surface Hub touchscreen computers. MondoPad and Surface Hub lead a unique class of all-in-one computers with large screens that are being […]
- Fraunhofer HHI scientists to demo VR telepresence using 3D Body Reconstruction September 13, 2016Story and images by Science Daily When science fiction heroes communicate, they don't use landlines or cell phones. The caller simply appears in virtual form in the middle of the room; full sized and three dimensional. For researchers at Fraunhofer, this vision is already within reach: At the trade fairs IFA in Berlin and IBC […]
- CEDIA's 2016 Award Winners - The Best Home Theaters and Media Rooms in the World September 21, 2016
Our PublicationsHPL – Planning A Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project Guide This detailed guide from HPL consultant Richard Tucker provides information for end-to-end planning of a telepresence or video conferencing project, including an overview of solution types and components, budgeting, timelines, market considerations, and requirements determination. The guide also outlines how to get hands-on experience, select a provider and implement your solution.
Telepresence Options Magazine – Summer 2013 Sign up now for our 2013 magazine and catalog
HPL News & Press Releases
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
The consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce that senior technology executive, Stephanie L. Carhee, has joined their internationally renowned team to help clients improve their adoption and consumption of visual collaboration.
Ms. Carhee has worked in the technology industry for 20 years, including 10 years as the Senior Unified Communications Advisor at Cisco Systems.
In 2004 she was awarded the Cisco Excellence Award for her work in defining a proven lifecycle methodology to accelerate enterprise customer implementations as well as a tool to train on how to properly prepare, plan, design, implement and support Collaboration Solutions.
HUMAN PRODUCTIVITY LAB ANNOUNCES
“VISUAL COLLABORATION DREAM TEAM” Adds Ten Prominent Experts including CEOs and Inventors in Europe and the United States Ashburn, VA, May 28th, 2013 – The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) is pleased to announce the addition of an internationally renowned team of experts to significantly expand the Lab’s consulting capabilities for enterprise clients and vendors/service providers.
The visual collaboration consultancy Human Productivity Lab (HPL) announces the release of the publication Planning a Video Conferencing or Telepresence Project. Written by HPL Consultant Richard Tucker, this guide is based on the experiences and lessons learned by end user organizations that have implemented telepresence projects, from personal systems to immersive room systems.